News and Events
- From Our Kitchen: Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Annual Giving Goal Met!
- Thank you Arctic Fire & Security
- Second Autumn Parent+Child Session begins November 6
- AWS Garden Honors
- AWS Adopts New Governance Model
- AWS Alumni : Myth Busters + Advice
- Myth Busting: How Reading is Taught in a Waldorf School
- Reflections on Anchorage Waldorf School’s Twenty Years: an Interview with School Founder Mary Lee Plumb-Mentjes
- Mary Schallert named 2013 BP Teacher of Excellence!
Now Enrolling for Grade One!
Are you looking for an inspired education…one that doesn’t rely on standardized tests or a standardized childhood? At the Anchorage Waldorf School, we honor childhood and offer an Education for Life. What sets the Waldorf curriculum apart is not what is taught, but how it is taught. Our teachers carefully balance academic, artistic and practical activities to stimulate the imagination of students to develop a lifelong love of learning. Instead of passively receiving information, our students are involved in a dynamic process of exploration, both of the world and of themselves.
Enjoy this short video and call to schedule a tour today!