News and Events
- AWS Hosts Foundation Studies
- From Our Craft Table: Paper Lanterns
- Community Enrichment Classes & Events
- From Our Kitchen: Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
- Annual Giving Goal Met!
- Second Autumn Parent+Child Session begins November 6
- AWS Adopts New Governance Model
- AWS Alumni : Myth Busters + Advice
- Myth Busting: How Reading is Taught in a Waldorf School
- Reflections on Anchorage Waldorf School’s Twenty Years: an Interview with School Founder Mary Lee Plumb-Mentjes
- Mary Schallert named 2013 BP Teacher of Excellence!
Now Enrolling for Grade One!
Are you looking for an inspired education…one that doesn’t rely on standardized tests or a standardized childhood? At the Anchorage Waldorf School, we honor childhood and offer an Education for Life. What sets the Waldorf curriculum apart is not what is taught, but how it is taught. Our teachers carefully balance academic, artistic and practical activities to stimulate the imagination of students to develop a lifelong love of learning. Instead of passively receiving information, our students are involved in a dynamic process of exploration, both of the world and of themselves.
Enjoy this short video and call to schedule a tour today!
A Snapshot View of the AWS School Day
As a part of the recent successful 2014 Fall Gala, we were able to put together a small video illustrating daily life for the faculty and students at Anchorage Waldorf School. Have a look! And please feel free to share this video!