Executive Director, Jeanne Larsen
Education – Middlebury College, B. A., Alaska Pacific University, M.A.T. , Spacial Dynamics Training Certification
Jeanne came to Alaska in 1984, just for the summer. She has been a member of the Aurora/Anchorage Waldorf School community since 1994, as a parent, volunteer, Board of Trustee member, Movement Teacher, and Interim Administrator. Jeanne and her husband are the proud parents of two AWS graduates: class of 2005 and class of 2009. The Larsen family spends summers at their commercial set net salmon fish site on Kodiak Island.
Bookkeeper, Laura Pannone
Administrative Assistant, Mira Starr
Keeper of the Castle, Gail Wood
Gail helps us keep our school sparkling clean. She is a friend and neighbor of AWS.
Have a question? We can help!
The Anchorage Waldorf School administrative staff is here to serve you. In order to better facilitate answering your questions and fulfilling your needs, please see our individual areas of responsibilities listed below:
- Answers general questions and/or directs to appropriate person, coordinates & directs information flow
- If a student is ill or hurt, makes sure they get the care they need; notifies parent(s) if appropriate
- Manages database & phone directory
- Handles student record requests
Enrollment, Jeanne Larsen email@example.com
- Facilitates new families’ entry into the school (admissions process)
- Conducts informational events – school open houses and visitation days
- Oversees and edits publication of the newsletter
- Participates in Faculty meetings, Operations Group and Marketing& Enrollment Team.
- Coordinates communication with alumni and annual Alumni Night event
- Manages tuition contracts and oversees re-enrollment process
- Manages fiscal budget, bank accounts, cash flow and insurance policies
- Responsible for financial policies, payroll and reporting, and business reporting – Federal, State, non-profit, and AWSNA
- Facilitates annual audit
- Supports Budget/Finance, and Tuition Assistance Committees
- Approves accounts receivables, payables, reimbursements and check requests
Executive Director, Jeanne Larsen firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upholds the vision, purpose and core values of the school
- Strengthens the school’s relationship to Waldorf education and underlying principles
- Builds trust in the school community
- Brings clarity to policies, processes, and communication
- Fosters a culture of active participation and collaboration
- Ensures the stability of the school by effectively administering the daily operations in the realms of facilities and infrastructure, finances, enrollment, development, fundraising, public relations, personnel and educational programs