To apply for teaching positions, please contact Shannon Herda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for administrative or aftercare positions, please contact Kate Frankforter at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working at Anchorage Waldorf School!
First and Second Grade Teachers
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director will execute the vision, the mission and the goals for our school. Responsible for all personnel, management and operations of the school, this person will be comfortable making decisions in a highly collaborative and creative environment and communicate clearly to all stakeholders. Upholding the highest degrees of integrity while representing the school and the mission of Waldorf Education, this person leads a small but dynamic team of Waldorf teachers and staff that are committed to providing the best education possible to fulfill our students’ potential. If you love children, and are a kind, thoughtful, articulate and experienced professional looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career, please consider applying for this position.
- The Executive Director is solely responsible for the operation of the school, as delegated by the Board of Trustees (BOT), and for successful implementation of the school’s strategic plan
- Ensures congruence among the school’s vision, mission, and core values and its policies, programs, and practices
- Communicates the school’s vision, mission, and core values to the school community on a regular basis to promote full disclosure and foster understanding and support
- Ensures that the goals of the strategic plan are met through the development of an operational plan
- Ensures that the school’s policies demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- Is responsible and accountable for the daily operations of school
- Manages and provides facilities that are aesthetically pleasing, fully functional and in compliance with all health, fire, safety and sanitary standards
- Establishes and implements clear decision-making processes
- Establishes and implements clear policies and procedures in all aspects of school affairs
- Maintains the school’s 501(c)(3), not-for-profit status
- Is responsible for the financial health of the school
- Is responsible for achieving fundraising goals, supported by BOT
- Ensures the school’s compliance with all applicable laws while adequately managing risk
- Publishes a tuition and fee schedule, with clear refund, payment terms and Tuition Adjustment definitions, that meet legal and ethical considerations
- Upholds the vision, purpose, and core values of the school
- Strengthens the school’s relationship to Waldorf™ Education
- Builds trust in the school community
- Brings clarity to policies, processes, and communication
- Fosters a culture of active participation and collaboration
- Ensures the stability of the school by effectively administering the daily operations of the school including facilities and infrastructure, finances, enrollment, development, fundraising, public relations, personnel, and educational programs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to clearly articulate Waldorf philosophy
- Proven managerial or executive experience
- Competent technology skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively delegate authority and responsibility
- Effective decision maker and problem solver
- Ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humor
- Personal characteristics include being honest, kind, outgoing
Please send a cover letter with a short bio, resume, and three references to Kate Frankforter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment. If you have questions, please call the school at 333-9062. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position serves as a critical link between the school and the larger community. AWS is seeking an Enrollment Director to begin employment on April 1, 2016.
- Increase enrollment through the effective delivery of retention and outreach strategies to support the strategic plan
- Manage and administer the enrollment process and reporting
- Create and organize promotional materials in coordination with the Marketing Committee
- Develop and organize events to actively present and promote the Waldorf philosophy and our school within the community
- Effectively represent the school, its mission, and core values to the wider community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in customer service, sales, or a school environment
- Be comfortable making public presentations and direct selling
- Be familiar with the Waldorf educational philosophy and possess an appreciation of the varying sensibilities of our Waldorf parents, faculty, and board
- Be professional, thorough, organized, and able to track and handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Possess enhanced computer skills and systems experience
- Possess basic graphic art skills and superior oral and written communication skills
This position may range from part-time to full-time, depending on the needs and Salary DOE. If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kate Frankforter at email@example.com. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.
Are you orderly, organized, calm, skilled with both people and technology? Do you love children and their families? Can you be the “hearth” of human warmth and welcome at our school while also attending to details, communication, and data? You could be our next Administrative Assistant.
The ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications:
- Ability to bring order to chaos and maintain calm in a busy and fast paced environment
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills (written, social, and verbal)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, Google Drive, and social media; Blackbaud training would be a plus
- Comfortable using a variety of basic office machines
- Warm, caring, and disciplined with children
- Ability to prioritize and complete small tasks as well as ongoing, collaborative projects
- Flexible, reliable, forward-thinking
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and improve administrative procedures
- Attention to detail when performing data entry and managing student records and contact databases for the school community
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and securely
- Committed to the Anchorage community and interested in gaining an understanding of the school’s vision, purpose, and core values as an independent Waldorf school
- First Aid and CPR certified
This position is approximately 35 hours/week, DOE. If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kate Frankforter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.
We are always interested in deepening our substitute teacher list. Please submit your cover letter, resume, 3 professional reference contacts, and a short biography to Shannon Herda at email@example.com. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.