Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees meets monthly to foster and support the development of the Anchorage Waldorf School as indicated in the articles of incorporation.
Current Board Members
Carla SlatonBarker – Board Member, President
Dohnn Wood – Board Member, Vice President
Jann Mylet – Board Member , Secretary
Connie Sanders – Interim Board Member, Treasurer
Renee Parks – Board Member
Kate Elsmann – Board Member
Leska Beikircher – Board Member & Faculty Representative
The Admin Council works as a “collective head” to handle communication and decision-making responsibilities.
Parent Council’s purpose is to enhance the community life of the school. It’s goals are to
- encourage active, positive communication between parents, classes, committees and the governing bodies of the school,
- inspire parent involvement in the school,
- provide a forum for parents’ ideas, initiatives and concerns,
- coordinate social and educational events for the school community, and
- strengthen our connection to the Anchorage community by hosting education events and initiating community service projects.
Fall Gala Committee
Creates a signature event that raises our school’s profile and supports our school’s financial health.
Assists the Board of Trustees in assuring the positive financial health of the school by monitoring finance, budgeting and making financial recommendations.
Recruits and oversees the hiring process for main classroom teachers, specialty teachers and aftercare providers.
Develops and executes a successful marketing campaign, with the goal of building the student body to a level that provides stability for the school and strengthens our vibrant learning environment.
School Store Committee
Maintains our school store as a community resource for high quality items that support Waldorf education.
Social Health Coordinating Group
Facilitates and nurtures a healthy social environment within our school community, through the integration of social inclusion and community social health programs.