Tuition at the Anchorage Waldorf School, like the curriculum itself, takes a holistic approach, balancing all aspects (social, financial, etc.) and working to meet each family where they are. We work toward making an independent Waldorf education available to any child, regardless of financial circumstance, and we balance this effort with the practical realities of our school’s financial requirements
We offer sibling discounts, as well as tuition adjustment to qualified applicants based upon each family’s relative needs and means. Our goal is to have families from a wide range of socioeconomic backgrounds in every class.
Tuition and Fees 2014-2015
• Returned check fee: $20.00
• Late Payment fee (after the 10th of each month): $40.00
• Optional morning and afternoon care for children ages 5 and above.
• $6.00/hr (contract) or $8.00/hr (drop-in)
After paying one full tuition for the eldest child, families receive a 20% discount for a second child, and a 50% discount for any additional children enrolled at the school.
Financial Aid Assessment process
Anchorage Waldorf School uses TADS, a financial assessment organization, to provide a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS will be sent to the Tuition Adjustment committee at the school and we will use this information along with your narrative responses to award tuition adjustment this school year. For the second round of assistance, applications will be due, with all supporting documentations, to TADS by June 1, 2014.
Tuition support is available on the basis of demonstrated need. If you believe that your resources are not sufficient to meet the total cost of an Anchorage Waldorf School education, you are encouraged to apply.
TADS provides a framework through which household need can be measured fairly and equitably. Recommendations from TADS are used by the Tuition Adjustment Committee at the school in accordance with its policies to determine the award amount. Final awards notices will be mailed by the committee.
The total pool of available assistance funds varies from year to year, and is directly affected by the school’s fundraising abilities but is typically 7-12% of the budgeted gross tuition for the school year. Tuition assistance grants, while made according to need and other criteria, do not exceed 50% of the tuition amount. No assistance is available for non-tuition items (such as registration and materials fees.) Tuition assistance is only for families who are not receiving sibling discounts.
The Tuition Adjustment process is held in strict confidence and with deep respect for privacy. All Tuition Assistance awards are considered confidential agreements. We ask the same of our Tuition Assistance families. Please do not share or publish your Tuition Assistance, in general, or in detail, with your peers.
Lifestyle choices that result in increased expenses or decreased income cannot be underwritten by the Tuition Assistance fund (and hence AWS donors). Tuition Assistance funds are generated from a percentage of money that the school collects from tuition fees and from funds contributed voluntarily from parents for the operating budget of the school. Approval for Tuition Assistance requires that a Waldorf education be among a family’s highest priorities for discretionary spending.
Applications for tuition assistance may be completed online at http://www.mytads.com/. There is a $34 processing fee, which is made payable to TADS. Failure to pay the processing fee may delay the evaluation.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted to TADS via mail or fax prior to the application due date:
- Household members’ most recently completed federal tax forms (personal and businesses owned)
- W-2s from each job held by household members
- Most recent pay stub from each job held by household members
- Documents that establish the amount of misc. monthly or yearly income household members currently receive (i.e., welfare, food stamps, unemployment, worker’s compensation, etc.)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust forms if a household member owns 20% or more interest in a corporation, partnership or trust
- In addition to the documents submitted for review by TADS, please provide a narrative statement of need and/or special circumstances directly to the Business Manager in order to complete your application. This provides the Tuition Adjustment Committee with the fullest picture possible of how best to support your family.
Need Assistance with your Application?
You may contact TADS for assistance completing the application or to check application status. TADS does not have award information.
|Mailing Address:||1201 Hawthorne Ave., Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55403|
|Telephone:||800.884.8237 (M-F, 8-6 Central)|
|Fax Number:||612.548.3326 (24 hours)|
Remember These Important Items and Dates:
June 1, 2014
All materials must be mailed to TADS (see address above)
Award notices mailed
The Week of July 5, 2014