Thank you for your interest in working at Anchorage Waldorf School!
Anchorage Waldorf School is seeking a Business Manager.
- Manage accounts and payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Manage cash, investments, and risk without compromising operations
- Collaborate with Board of Trustees and Executive Director to develop annual budget
- Administer Tuition Assistance Program
- Maintain non-profit status and manage all government filings
- Maintain manuals, handbooks, office supplies and other office resources
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws as well as internal school policies
- Administer contracts with vendors and professionals
- File reports, conduct research, attend meetings and events, and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Computer literate with strong Microsoft Office, Quickbooks, Blackbaud skills (or equivalent systems experience)
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Interest in the upholding the values and mission of Anchorage Waldorf School
2017-2018 Grade 2/3 Teacher
Anchorage Waldorf School is seeking a Waldorf Class Teacher who would work out of Anthroposophy to join our faculty. Our ideal candidate is a caring, passionate teacher who is fully trained in Waldorf methods and has experience teaching the early grades, though this is not a requirement. Open position for the 2017-2018 school year for a teacher for a combined second/third grade class.
Our school is in the Land of the Midnight Sun. It’s nestled between the snow-covered Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet and surrounded on all sides by stunning mountain ranges and state parks where bears, moose, eagles, and wolves dwell. Our campus is often graced by flocks of ducks and geese from a nearby bog, as well as gangly moose munching on willow. Nearby opportunities for outdoor adventure include skiing, skating, hiking, kayaking, berry picking, fishing, and camping. We are also fortunate to have many cultural events in Anchorage throughout the year, as well as national museum exhibits, theatrical performances, opera, dance, and folk music festivals. Have we piqued your interest?
Please call 907-333-9062 for further information. We would be delighted to discuss the position in more detail, as well as share information about our school. Please send your cover letter, resume, 3 professional reference contacts, and a one-page biography to email@example.com. We hope to hear from you soon!
We are always interested in deepening our substitute teacher list. Please submit your cover letter, resume, 3 professional reference contacts, and a short biography to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Susan Barnes. Background check and fingerprinting required for employment.